Well, for today's post I come across with a quite long tutorial post about how to make 2 types of Hello Kitty (HK) Sandwich with one tool - who doesn't love HK? Anyone of you who raises your hand I'll pinch you hehehe ^^v. Okay, the first sandwich type is the one I show you below here:
To make that first type of HK sandwich, I only used the HK cutter without the facial stamper. I used the head one and used my pink food pick as the HK's ribbon. To fill the sandwich's layers, you can choose your favorite ingredients. I stuffed my sandwich with beef floss and hot tomato ketchup for the first layer, and chicken floss and mayo for the second layer. Even to make that lace-y nori, you can used egg sheet or your other favorite ingredients :D. No more babbling, let's make HK sandwich buddies! :D
1. Prepare the tools and ingredients to make the sandwich. Tools: scissors (to cut the lace-y nori and HK's whiskers), pointy sharp knife (you can also your x-acto knife), paw puncher to cut the nori eyes, HK cutter, food pick for HK's ribbon, tweezers, and chopping board. Ingredients: cheese to make HK's head, slices of bread, nori for HK's eyes and whiskers and lace-y strip, yellow egg sheet/little corn/yellow cheese for HK's nose, mayo to glue, and your favorite ingredients to stuff your sandwich.
2. Before cutting the HK's head, put the lace-y nori on a slice of bread and "glue" the nori to the bread with mayo as seen on picture number 4. Cut the cheese with HK cutter to make HK's head then put it on top surface of bread with lace-y nori and also glue with mayo (as seen picture number 4 too).
3. Cut the nori with paw puncher to make the eyes. For HK's whiskers, cut them with scissors.
4. Put HK's facial details with tweezers.
5. Stuff and pile up your sandwiches and put them in your bento box. DO be careful in sticking the food pick as the ribbon. If not, you'll get cracking HK's head T_T
6. Voilaaa!!!! HK sandwich type 1 is done! :D
You can use grass baran to fill up the narrow empty space. Lettuce or grass baran are always useful when we run out of fresh lettuce stock. Not to mention, sometimes we only need a small amount of fresh lettuce to decor our bento box, but in fact, at many times we can only buy lettuce in a big bundle package :(. It's always be my big regret when I have to waste the faded leaves. So, green baran now is a must for me - as my rescuer :D.
And now we arrive on the second type of our HK sandwich today. I will only show you how to make the top of the sandwich. While for the filling; it's once again up to you :D. For the second type, I also used a heart shaped cutter from another tool (I'll show you it later on the next post). And for this type, the HK facial stamper is also used :D. Without telling you, I'm sure you have already known about what you will need to make this second type sandwich.
1. Cut a slice of bread with a heart shaped cutter.
2. Make a HK head line by pressing HK cutter slightly. Don't put your big effort to press the bread, otherwise you'll get a real HK head shaped cutout LOL!
3. Now use the HK facial stamper on your bread.
4. Tadaaaa!!! The second type is also done! :D
You can see that this HK cutter set is so handy. Not only you can use it to cut veggies or cookies, you can also use it for other cute purposes. The only thing needed then is your imagination :D. I got these cute HK cutters and stampers from Mummy Raifan. You want to get 'em too? Here's the link of Mummy Raifan...